Welcome to the Georgetown PTA!
We have lots of amazing events planned for the year! Our big fundraiser for 2017 is planned for
Saturday, November 18 … join us for a rip-roaring good time at DiBurro’s in Haverhill.
We bring you Georgetown-opoly! Click here for event tickets, raffle tickets, and to learn more!
Who are we?
We are a group of busy parents who care deeply about our schools, our community, and our kids. Not only do we we bring the community together through fundraisers and events, we create lasting learning experiences your kids will love. And of course we have a lot of fun along the way!
PERKS OF MEMBERSHIP
Your support makes a difference. A big difference. No matter how big or small your contribution, it all matters. We bring the community together. We love a good get together. That’s why we find so many ways to bring our families and community together. We’ll hang out at restaurant nights. We’ll help bring our kids together at the spelling bee and book fairs. And we make sure memories are captured forever in the K-6 yearbook.
WE RAISE MONEY!
Part of (but not all of!) our mission is to augment the curriculum in ways that the budget cannot. Together we help give our kids experiences they would not have had otherwise.
So, in 2017/18 we’ll have 4 fundraisers. Just 4. We are planning something for everyone:
- For a fun adult night out we have our auction.
- For the kids (and adults) we have the mixed bag designs.
- For everyone we have restaurant nights.
- For an easy contribution we have boxtops.
WE SPEND MONEY TOO
In an effort of true essentialism, we are changing the way we spend money too. Some of the causes we contribute to include:
- Specialties and school wide enrichment.
- Causes like bullying awareness and response as well as drug intervention and education.
Being a room parent is very rewarding. Being in the classroom gives you an insider’s view to your child’s experience at school. You work closely with your child’s teacher, other parents in the class, and the school.
There are two key responsibilities of a room parent:
1. Keep the teacher and parents informed about upcoming events and fundraisers.
2. Work with the teacher on classroom celebrations.