Our biggest get together of the year is auction. This is one of the most anticipated events of the year.
A fun, adult night out where you can mingle, enjoy live music, eat some delicious food, and go home with some fantastic items. Whether you actively bid or just come to hang out with other parents, everyone has a blast. There are a few ways you can help make auction a success:
- Come to the event: tickets are on sale!
- Sponsor the event or a table. Enter the raffle for a 1 in 100 chance to win a week stay at this home, just minutes from Disney, Universal, and Sea World
About the Auction:
- Date: Saturday, November 14
- Time: 7pm – midnight
- Location: Ipswich Country Club
- Tickets: are available at the door
- Bus transportation provided for FREE**
- Dress code: casual. Yep, it’s OK to wear jeans to a private event at the Ipswich Country Club
- Food: Hors D’oeuvres and late night snacks will be served.
**This year we’ll provide a bus to get everyone safely to and from the auction. The bus will pick up at the Georgetown Park & Ride at 6:30pm and 7:00pm. The bus will leave the Ipswich Country club at 11:30pm and midnight.
What’s the schedule?
7:00pm: Silent Auction begins
8:25pm: The first Silent Auction table closes. Two tables will close every 5 minutes starting at 8:25pm.
8:55pm: Silent Auction closes. The doors for the Live Auction open.
9:10pm: Live Auction begins.
Where’s my ticket?
At the door. This year we are going paperless because (a) many people forget or lose their tickets (b) you need to check in at the door to get your paddle (c) we love the environment and already printed out a lot of backpack flyers.
About the Florida Raffle:
- Each raffle ticket enters you for a 1 in 100 chance to win a 1 week stay in a luxury home in Florida
- You don’t need to be at the auction to win the raffle
- Raffle tickets are available to buy at the Auction during our Silent Auction.
What kind of stuff can I bid on?
The best way to keep up on the auction is to follow our Georgetown PTA Facebook page.
During silent auction you can participate in raffles (some are guaranteed wins), great in-school items (principal for a day, gym teacher for a day, tickets to the play), themed gift baskets, jewelry, handmade items, gift certificates to museums, restaurants, spas, and more.
During the live auction things get really fun. And a little intense as the competition to win heats up. The most anticipated items are the class room projects. Your room parent will likely (hopefully!) send you a picture of the project. Other big items are auctioned off too such as Red Sox tickets, Bruins tickets, and getaways in Cancun and New Hampshire.
I want to volunteer.
And we want your help! Areas to help include setting up, selling raffle tickets, closing tables down at silent auction, and running prizes from live auction to check out. Want to help but don’t see something that fits you? Contact Marie Katzen (firstname.lastname@example.org). You can sign up here to volunteer.
What are we raising money for?
- School-wide STEAM (science, technology, engineering, art, math) programs
- Guest speakers
- Supplementing some of the more expensive field trips
- Technology purchases, working in partnership with the GEF
- Robotics kits for the enrichment program
- Supplies for the Middle School Advisory program
- Peer mentoring
- High School scholarships