The 11th Annual Spelling Bee
The Spelling Bee is a chance for kids in grades 3, 4, and 5 to challenge themselves (and each other), enhance vocabulary (and spelling, of course), and show off their spelling acumen. Bragging rights aren’t the only prize. The winner of each grade gets $50 and a trophy!
Register your child to participate before February 17!
- Date : Monday, March 6
- Location : Penn Brook cafeteria
- Open to students in grades 3, 4, 5
- Register by February 17 online or by sending the form back to school in an envelope marked “Spelling Bee”
- Cost : Free to participate; $10 for a commemorative t-shirt available at the Bee
- Questions? Betsey Clement at email@example.com
What can your child win?
- $50 and a trophy for first place
- $25 and a trophy for 2nd and 3rd place
- Everyone gets a spelling bee survival goody bag
The Bee schedule
- 3rd grade Check-In: 4pm; Bee starts at 4:30pm
- 4th grade Check-In: 5:30 pm; Bee starts at 6:00pm
- 5th grade Check-In: 7:00pm; Bee starts at 7:30pm
How to prepare
- Each grade should study the words for their grade and the next grade up. For example, third graders should study third and fourth grade words. If the Bee goes through all grade level words, the contestants will be given words from the next grade list.
- The order of the words the night of the Bee might be different than the study list.
- Word Lists:
Fill out form below to submit registration: